Wednesday 26 February 2014

Judgemental generation

When you are a teenager it's "normal" that you take care a lot of what you wear and do and we trend to judge people so fast by anything. A lot of people do that when they are little, when they are adult and when they are old, but the stage that does this more is the young one.

Teenagers tend to check other people from head to feet, criticizing their flaws and judging them. When they are in group they tend to make laugh of people and ridiculize them, like if they were perfect or something when they are not. It's hard to not be like this if you get easily attached to what people think and you think other people's opinion are more worth than yours, and this is something many people think nowadays. So if one person, for example, the "lider", the "popular" one at school thinks something someone is wearing is not cool, then everyone seems to not think it neither. Every single person has their own ideas! Some people should focus on what they think and not on what other people think!
But opinions are not always good. Mostly they are negative and affect other people. There is no need to make someone feel unworth or to make they think they are doing something wrong just by wearing some clothes or because they are how they are. Everyone is different and no one should criticize anyone.


What magazines post in their covers is what people follows. The current society's idea of a beautiful body is thin, super skinny. To be beautiful you must have a perfect hair all the time, a perfect make-up on, beautiful eyes and perfect lips; if you are not like that, then you are not beautiful.
Seriously? Even though this is seems to be changing lately. 

From all of this, this generation, my generation, is always caring about how do they look like and are worrying all the time if they are what it's apparently "good". It has arrived to that point where people is comparing themselves to other people all the time. They see only their flaws and tend to think that what other people have is better than theirs (if not then it's horrible and the worst). They spend they life suffering, thinking that they are not good enough and that they have to look specially in one way to be understood, love or whatever. I'm not talking about every single person but mostly, about more than half of the teenagers.


To be honest, I'm a bit judgemental but with the person that I'm more judgemental is with myself. Obviously I look at other people even though I don't like to do it that much but when I see something I don't like I don't go directly to judge it, I just respect it because it's obvious I can't like everything; I know there is people that don't like maybe my clothes but there is no reason to judge. Everyone wears what they like and that is it.
If I see something I don't like of someone, I take a look at myself and all I do is check and see if I'm not like them, but just to myself. There is no need to make someone feel uncomfortable.
 I think everyone should take care of themselves and not care about what other people is doing. If I could talk to the world I would tell everyone to look for them, take care of what they wear and what they do but never compare themselves to other people. Every person is different and no one is better than the other so there is no need to feel unworth or something. If there is something you don't like about yourself then go and change it, but don't be comparing all the time to other people because then it won't be you, it will be another person but not you.



On the internet there is so many people that gives their opinion on multiple things. In Youtube there is a bunch of videos and one I've seen recently is Chris Collins' one. I totally agree with his opinion and as he is from the same generation as me, all he says is so accurate:



No comments:

Post a Comment