Sunday 20 October 2013

Diana

Approximately one month ago a fan leaked a song by One Direction called "Diana" that is coming out in the new album Midnight Memories. The album is coming out at the end of november.

I know it's not right, and I never listen to leaked songs until the album is out, but this time was different. I listened the song and I thought it was a great song. 
Some minutes later, I read that song was written by one of the members of the band and that it's dedicated to those sucidial fans around the world, to those fans that have problems,that have depression, that cry every night to sleep, that self harm... Then I listened the song again and I realized it had sense.

This song has many enigmas. First of all, the name. According to some fans, this name is put because princess Diana. It seems like she had depression and she went through a difficult time but even that, she was still a princess. Those fans say this means even we are going through difficult moments, we are still princesses. 
Then there are some fans that say it has a meaning with Goddess Diana. She is the goddess of the war and the hunt. 


At the beggining of the song, it says : "The front pages are your pictures, they make you look so small".
Well, the front cover of the movie This Is Us is full of little squares and if you put zoom, you can see they are pics of people, of fans... 






There is a part that says: "I wanna reach out for ya, I wanna break these walls, I speak a different language...". It's like they are talking to their fans around the world; they know they can't help them talking face to face but they say this because they know there are thousands of girls with this problem around the world. This can be seen too where it says: "You've been lonely, you don't even know me, but I can feel you crying"; they don't know us personally but they know what some of their girls go through.

"Let me be the one to lift your heart up and save your life, I don't think you even realize baby you'll be saving mine"; it seems like they don't know they have saved and they are saving thousands of lifes around the world everyday. 


In the part that says "We all need something. This can't be over now. If I could hold you, swear I'd never put you down." I think it means we can't kill ourselves and that they are here with us, that they believe someway in us.



Diana song



I like this song a lot. They are always trying to make us feel better and love ourselves making songs like What Makes You Beautiful , Little Things ... This is one of the reasons I have the best idols in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment