Friday 9 May 2014

Educational blogging

Since last year I've been working on my blog at English cloass, which consists in posting essays and tasks. 
To be honest, I really like the educational blogging even though most of my peers hate it and find it useless. I think it's a great way to free yourself in some things and give your opinion about thigns you like, you are interested in, worried about... And in addition it lets the teacher know more about their students. 

I personally think you can learn a lot with this because it makes you think and be a bit creative. It's also useful because to write your posts you need to have a clear structure. But blog posts are prepared at home, which means teachers have no idea what their students do at home, so that's why I think it's kind of important that teachers see what their students are able to do by themselves. With this I mean, when a student prepares his/her post, they can use dictionary and translator, which on the one hand is great because they can learn the words they don't know but on the other hand it keeps them from doing their best-maybe, sometimes.
Besides, if you write and post things in your blog, you have no idea what you've done wrong and you don't know your mistakes because the teacher checks it but doesn't correct it and gives it back to you.

But I still think it has a lot of positive sides. With blogs I can also check my peers' blogs, take a look at them and see their thoughts, such as movie opinions, music taste... And I actually do this quite a lot probably like very single time I go online on my blog.

If I were a teacher I would probably make my students do this as well, but I'd try to find a way to let them know where they have made mistakes so they can know it and not do the same mistake again.

No comments:

Post a Comment