Thursday 15 May 2014

"annie96 is typing..."

Yesterday during the free time at school I saw the whole Twitter was talking about the "annie96 is typing..." story. The following hour I didn't have class so my friend and I decided to search what it was.

"annie is typing..." is an online short chat story that takes around 5 minutes to read. It's about an "horror" story that starts with an introduction of an unknown person that explains he/she saw this conversation on WhatsApp and that he/she saved it, but that when he/she wanted to see it again, it wasn't there anymore.

The chat is between Annie and David McDavey, two teenagers that are having a normal late night talk conversation. At the beginning they talk about Johnny, someone that apparently has "issues". But suddenly Annie, that is home alone all night, sees someone in her garden... And I'd explain the whole story but that wouldn't be nice so I'll just leave the link of the story here: http://storiesforyourscreen.com/annie96-is-typing/

And in case you don't understand what happened (I think it's an open final), there is this pic that explains a bit what can have happened: https://twitter.com/search?q=annie96%20story&src=typd


This is what everyone was talking about yesterday on Twitter and got so many views in less than 24 hours. Because I read it with my friend, at class and with all my classmates around, I didn't find it scary at first. I honestly thought people were going too far away saying that it was really scary but then, when I was having dinner approximately at 8pm, I was explaining the story to my mum and my sister and I couldn't even finish to explain it because I was really freaking out of how frightened I was. In addition, I had opened one window that doesn't close properly and I forgot to close it and while I was explaining started to make noise because of the wind. That was really not cool. But the story in general is not that scary, it's only me, I guess. 

Writing a story with a WhatsApp conversation is something no one has done before and I think it's very nice! I really enjoyed reading it. It's a new way and I hope people gets motivated to write more stories like this. Until now I've been reading online stories on Wattpad but not in a WhatsApp conversation.

1 comment: