Saturday 29 March 2014

LONDON'14

Exactly one week ago I was in London. I went on a trip with school to spent four days there, visiting and enjoying one of the most beautiful and well known places in the world.

We had to be at 3am in front of our school on Thursday morning, so we could get to be in Barcelona airport at time and take the plane at 8am. For that, I woke up at 2am and I got ready and I reviewed everything was okay. On a normal day I would have hated waking up that early but to be honest I woke up happier and with more energy than in any other day.
The normal thing would have been to sleep in the bus on our way to Barcelona, but my friend and I were too excited for all, so we talked all the time. 
At the aiport, we all played some games until it was time to go.


When we arrived in London, the first thing we did was go to the hotel and take a look at it. Actually I was quite scared about what were we going to see there, because we hadn't seen pictures on the Internet of the rooms with bathrooms. But everything was okay because we had bathrooms in the room. It was all white, pink and purple, which made me feel very comfortable because my room is white and pink, and I love those colours and combinations.


We visited a lot of important things and had free time everyday to go on our way, which I really loved. We would wake up every day very early to have breakfast and then we wouldn't arrive to the hotel until very late hours, so I fell asleep very quickly every time. Which made me sleep in the bus coming back to my town and sleep the following morning after the trip. 


We had been praying for good weather because we all know the weather British people have. I had been comparing every single day for two weeks the weather we had to theirs, and it was quite similar to ours and they had had kind of hot days like us. But the days before we all got scared because according to our phones, it was going to rain every single day. Even my English teacher, who is from England, told me "England without rain isn't England". But as days passed, weather changed. And at the end, we would only have rain for like some minutes everyday and it wasn't that much. Unless the first night, where almost no one had an umbrella (neither me and Léna, but we had bought one earlier because we forgot ours in Spain), and it rained heavily. But we didn't mind a lot because we were all the time thinking "now we are in England, and we have to enjoy it no matter what". And so we did!


Using pounds wasn't that difficult to be honest. The only thing was that currencies don't have written the number as big as we have but they have it written with little letters, so the first days we would be reading all the time the currencies. But we ended up recognizing them, fortunately.


We are so many people in my grade, but not every one went. Actually, we were not more than 30 people I think, and there was people of my grade and the one year older one. From this last grade I only knew one girl, and now I kind of know more of them personally, not only their names. And from my year, the people that went are those I know I can talk with and trust them. They are really nice people and we all are always making parties together with big groups, etc. And, there were two of my besties! So it was awesome! 
The teachers that came with us, Sonia, Milco and Eli are all very nice and I'm sure that made the trip be cool and not with bad moments like sometimes happens because of some mean teachers... I'm thankfull they were who accompained us. 


I loved everything we did, and I loved everything there. I guess when you like a country, you like bascially everything from there but yeah. But one of the things that surprinsingly I really loved was the Hamleys toy shop. Yes, toy shop. At first, when one of my friends that had had been there before told us to go to a toy shop I was like "what", but when I came in and I saw that enorumous shop with different floors I was shocked. The staff were pretending to be so happy all the time, with a big smile in their face and so sympatheic. Each floor was of some different things. For example, one floor was all pink, with girly things and like bascially a paradise for little childs (and me). Then another one would be with sweets, another with teddies, magic... and some incredible things. In each one of these, there were like stalls with staff that showed you something they wanted to sell, and I don't usually fell in these things but, I did in one of those. I really love that place... It was like paradise!


Preparing the case the night before didn't feel good at all. I didn't want to come back to Spain, because 1. I don't like Spain and 2. I love England. And waking up the following morning knowing that I was going to sleep in my country that night didn't feel good either. And going to the aiport and taking the plane was the worst. My bestie and I really didn't want to come back. But we had to.

As you may know, lately it's been getting famous the "selfie game". Since we have the front camera in phones, everyone takes pictures with it, but no one called it taking a selfie until approximately one year ago. And, to be honest, my friends and I are kind of obsessed with selfies. We are taking selfies all the time and there is no day we are together and we don't take a selfie. I have a bunch of selfies in my phone, because casually we take all of those with my phone. 
Well, London wouldn't stop us from taking selfies so... yes, you can imagine. 


selfies with my friends and Sonia!








I really enjoyed this trip and I cannot wait to go back to that beautiful country as soon as possible. Hopefully, to live there. 
all my friends and I 

No comments:

Post a Comment