Monday 1 April 2013

Great days in Germany

Since 22th to 29th of March I went to Germany to spend a week with my friend Angelina and her grandparents. I had an amazing and very different week out of everyone I know. 


We woke up very early on that friday and we went to Barcelona to take the plane. We couldn't go to the airport of Girona because we aren't 16 yet and all the flights are from 16 to more if you want to fly alone, without anyone whose 18 or more. And as we were going to fly alone, we flew from Barcelona to the airport from Switzerland because it's near their town. 

The town's name is Bräunlingen and it's very nice. It has some shops and bars and a train station! So we didn't have time to get bored.

The first day we were there the weather was great. It wasn't that cold, obviously it was a little bit colder than here but not a lot. And the second day was great too. But the third it started to be colder until a day later it started to snow. It was amazing! Here it never snows and if it does, it is horrible because snows a lot and there's no light and energy, so it's so cold and we can't cook, see and do nothing. The only good part when snows here is because there's no school. 
The snow there was like relaxed. It didn't snow a lot and it was very normal. We had light, energy and everything. All kept normal. So it was nice!
It was snowing two or three days, and one day was raining. But I liked it anyway. 


We made lots of things. One day we went to Europa Park, a site similar to Port Aventura, and almost everyday we took the train and we went to different cities for shopping or just going to a bar and eat something. And we ate a lot, oh my God. 
Also we went to visit her family, whom were all fantastic. 


One of the best things we did and we two share this idea was to go at night to a bar-restaurant called Flamingo. (And I say at night but it wasn't that night because it close at 1am and it is one of the bars that close later!) There we had such a great time and we enjoyed so much. Some days we went there just to drink coctels and other days we went to have dinner and drink a coctel! 


We had to wear hats and gloves everyday, especially me, because If I didn't my hands became red and then purple and it was so shameful !! 


The comunication was 0. It was very difficult to understand what were they saying. I didn't understand a word. Well, I understood hallo, dankeschön, chaokartoffeln and salad ingredients because it was one of the things I ate more. I also understood a thing they normally say that means like goodbye but I don't know how to write it. It sounds like "chus". And it's a bit funny because when they pronounce it they say like "chúuus". 
To speak with her parents she always had to be there with me because they first told the thing to her in German and then she told me in Catalan, so I could understand it. 
I only could speak with their uncles who know English and with a waiter that is from Portugal and knew a bit of Spanish. 



It is shocking the differences between Spain and Germany, being two countries that are very near. 
Some different culturals things is that people, as in other countries like Great Britain, don't make two kisses in the cheek when they meet or see someone, they shake hands and hug. It was something that was a bit difficult for me because I always had that necessity to make the two kisses and It was a bit strange for me to shake hands and hug people I don't know. But it was her family, so I wasn't that distanced. 
The other shocking thing was that everytime they arrive at somebody's home, they take off the shoes and walk with socks because if they don't, the house gets dirty. It was strange for me too, but I adapted easily. 



Before going there, eveybody told me I had to enjoy so much because it was a unique experience and I won't live it again. I've lived like a german person for a week, and not everyone can do that. So seeing how people told me that, I enjoyed every minute of that week. It was such a great week. I am so happy!



http://audioboo.fm/users/1349567/playlists/8170-great-days-in-germany 

No comments:

Post a Comment