Saturday 20 October 2012

Real Love

http://www.worldpressphoto.org/photo/2012-alejandro-kirchuk-dls1-al?gallery=2634&photographer=2759
In this picture I can see a couple who were married for 65 years, and too much of this time, they lived in the same apartment.
When Monica was 84, she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Her husband, Marcos, looked after her himself coping of being a caregiver.
Monica couldn't chew, so Marcos cook and did everything to her. He had to pueering her meals.

The last year of Monica's live was a little special. She was bedridden, so Marcos had to change her diapers three times daily and help visiting nurses treat her bedsores.
She could barely recognize him, though cuddles and caresses helped her to connect, even if for a few seconds. But Marcos decided to care his wife at home. He said, "Tell me where she is going to be better than here", and "I treat her like a princess, here she has everything".

Monica passed away four years later.


I think this picture is emocional, because I can see Monica in their bed and Marcos is like thinking about something. Probably, in this picture, they had just learned of her disease and It's like Monica is thinking about she will forget lots of things, she won't know who is her husband, her family... And Marcos is like he will have to do all the things (cook, clean the house, go shopping, take care of her...), and the most important, she will forget him.

I don't like see this things. I hate when somebody have to know he will forget all his life, all the people he knows and he can not do anything.
I hate this tipe of things.
When I saw this picture, I got sad, because It ain't only them, there's much people in the world having this problem right now. Too much families having to take care of someone they love. It's difficult for them, their caregiver, but I think It's difficult for the person who have it because he can't do nothing.

In my opinion, this picture is dramatic but romantic at the same time, because It's a difficult thing of life, an important change, but Marcos take care of here a lot. 
Personally, other word for describe this photo is moving.
I think Marcos was very powerfull during this four years.





If you open this link, you will see other pictures about this notice. 
There are twelve pictures, and It describes all the time has gone since they know the news, until Monica dies.

No comments:

Post a Comment